See below for our current vacancies to become a member of our team…
A Quality Assurance Manager is required to work at our Hoyland Office to manage an established ISO9001:2015 business management system.
Applicants must have quality and business management experience ideally in an engineering environment and have good computer, literacy and numeracy skills, effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a management team.
Applications with covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Home based Field Service Engineer to join our nationwide team of Field Service Engineers supporting vehicle fuelling installation across the whole of the UK. You will be working with a team of knowledgeable and experienced Engineers to provide first line support to our extensive customer base. The Applicant will be carrying out service and repairs to Customers equipment in a safe, professional and cost effective manner. The type of work covers both reactive service and Preventative Maintenance to our customer’s equipment. The work will be carried out in accordance with our very high Quality and Health & Safety standards.
Ideally the Applicant should have knowledge and some experience in the following disciplines:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronic Engineering
• IT Literate
• Good Organisational Skills
Any specialist training will be provided.
The Applicant is required to have a full clean driving licence and should demonstrate good communication skills, they will be well presented, hardworking, reliable, maintain a high level of time keeping with attention to detail including the maintenance of documentation.
The role will cover the following (but not limited to):
• Respond to individual call outs issued from the Operations Desk.
• Attend site in a timely manner and within the agreed response times.
• Liaise with the Customer upon arrival.
• Work on site within the appropriate Health & Safety requirements.
• Accurately diagnose the faults
• Repair the fault where possible with spares held on the Vehicle.
• Order the appropriate parts from the central Stores where these are not available on the Vehicle.
• Complete all paperwork following the Company’s procedures with sign off by the customer before departure from site.
• Update the Operations Desk of the call status as it changes.
• Maintain and monitor levels of spare parts stock held on Vehicle.
• Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in a usable condition.
• Ensure that all Personal Protection Equipment is regularly inspected and maintained.
In general, the Applicant will be expected to:
• Make efficient and effective use of work time.
• Work overtime if it is required to complete a call.
• Liaise with other departments when necessary (particularly Administration, Technical & Sales)
• Support other Engineers.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably expected.
This is a salaried position with an annual salary in the range of £22K to £25K covering the hours of work from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and attracts an annual leave of 25 days. Additional payments are made for working overtime. There is an opportunity to be on call on a voluntary basis for which further additional payments are made.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org