Integrated Tank Monitoring Systems
Why use a tank gauge?
It is perfectly possible to manage your tank stock without fitting a tank gauge to your tanks. If deliveries are entered through the web site, regular tank dips taken and entered, and your pumps are accurate, then you should always have a clear picture of what is in your tanks, and when to re-order fuel. Unfortunately, there are circumstances where a tank gauge is essential to quickly identify tank stock and pump issues;
- Short Deliveries – did the stock delivered match what was expected ? Are you being invoiced correctly for what you received ?
- Theft from Tanks – A sudden stock loss out of hours will only be noticed on the next dip, or when you run out of fuel unless a tank gauge is fitted.
- Leaks from tanks – is the tank leaking in to the bund, or, even worse, in to the ground ?
- Has a scheduled delivery arrived ? The lower the level you operate your tanks, the more important it is that deliveries arrive on time.
- Have deliveries been entered in to the system ? Gauging makes it obvious if deliveries have not been entered, or have been entered twice.
- Are Pumps over or under delivering ? Pumps delivering more or less fuel than they are indicating will result in incorrect MPG’s and can lead to repeated stock write offs.
Why use an integrated tank gauge ?
With a gauge fitted, the actual volume of fuel in the tank is sent back on the back of each fuelling transaction so that on the web site, both the book stock and gauge stock are updated simultaneously. Any divergence between the two figures is immediately obvious and gives you critical information on your fuel stocks. All of the above listed Stock issues can be easily managed if a suitably accurate tank gauge is employed.
Additionally, the Web system can show a graph of gauge stock against book stock over an extended period which makes identifying stock issues very simple indeed.
Gauge Types Integrated :
- Gilbarco Veeder Root TLS2
- Gilbarco Veeder Root TLS50 / 50C
- Gilbarco Veeder Root TLS350
- Piusi OCCIO
The Jigsaw System can Interface using RS232 or RS485, and more gauge types may be easily added. Any gauges which only transmit a depth are accommodated through the configuration software calculating volume for Rectangular, Horizontal or Vertical Cylindrical tanks, with or without dished ends.
Gauging Manifolded Tanks
A feature unique to Jigsaw Fuel Management Systems is the ability to combine the products in multiple tanks so that several tanks, separately gauged but manifolded together as one tank can be directly compared with the system book stock in real time. As the tanks are linked then a delivery in to one tank runs in to the others as the fuel levels out between the linked tanks. The Fuel management system manages the linked tanks as one large tank but the tank gauge has a probe in each tank and hence three volume reading which need combining. The Jigsaw system can manage up to 16 linked tanks.
FREE SYSTEM DEMONSTRATION, Including a 30 day personal log in to access the web based demonstration site. Just call 01226 742 441
Time makes a small problem into a crisis – stay on top with live information !
Why not ask about our other products and services for a complete package including tank gauging, fuel tanks, fuel pumps and service contracts.